Thursday, March 27, 2008

A SMALL NOTE

A couple of days ago a very small envelope appeared in my “hopper” at work. It was personally addressed in a familiar hand. The short note was from a close business associate with whom I’ve been collaborating. Although succinct, it was none the less powerful. To describe its content would require I paint the full background of our work together. Suffice to say that we have embarked on a series of projects that is mutually challenging, and therefore a bit daunting, but certainly exhilarating. The note’s power came from the personal sharing it contained.

I’ve saved the handwritten note, of course. I can reflect again on the contents and, in the future, it will serve as a window to this point in time.

Interestingly enough, the post mark read: “Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.” --John Adams

http://poweroftheletter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment